(Semester/ Classes Commencement Date: Monday, 15th April, 2019)
The link for “Course Selection” will be active/ available w.e.f. Monday, 01th April 2019 under “Student Services” tab in VULMS. The students are advised to log-in to their VULMS account and select their course(s) immediately or before the semester commencement date. However, last date to add/drop course(s) will beThursday, April 25, 2019. Tuition fee voucher issued after this date shall not be revised.
1. Newly admitted students, enrolled in the 1st semester of their respective study program, are given pre-selected courses. However, they have an option to reduce course load by dropping course(s) using course selection link.
2. Existing/ continuing students must make their course selection as mentioned above. Failing to enroll any course(s) he/she will be treated as “INACTIVE STUDENT” during the semester and a fine will also be imposed under “Semester Freeze Rules 2012”.
3. Course/ work load (Cr. Hrs.) limits have been prescribed and published separately for each study program in “Course Selection Rules” in side “Student Handbook”. Students must read the rules carefully before making their course selection for the current semester.
- Students are expected to follow the “semester wise study scheme” of their respective study program so that their scholarship eligibility may not effect (See Scholarship Rules).
- Course/work load can be increased or reduced within prescribed limits for each semester according to availability of time which a student can dedicate to the studies. Therefore, the work load may vary from student to student in a semester.
- Continuously enrolling maximum course/work load in each semester does not mean that a study program can be completed earlier than its minimum prescribed residential requirement except for those students who may be granted course exemptions.
- ·Students struggling with their CGPA are advised to reduce their course/ work load so that they can give more concentration to each enrolled course which will eventually result in better CGPA.
4. Course Pre-requisite rule requires enrollment and qualifying of Basic/Introductory courses before an advanced level course in the series may be selected/ enrolled. Therefore, said rule must be followed and given due care while making course selection.
5. Students with blocked VULMS (due to non-payment of fee) will not be allowed to make their course selection unless they deposit their outstanding dues and get their LMS accounts active from Accounts Department.
6. Grade Improvement Policy encourages the students to repeat ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade courses, if any, on priority basis in following semester(s) whereas maximum credit hours limit for the respective semester has to be followed. However, for all MS/ MPhil programs, ‘F’, ‘D’, ‘C’ and even ‘B-’ grade courses can be enrolled for improvement of grade.
- Failed course(s) can be repeated until qualified.
- Qualified “D” grade course(s) can be repeated for improvement only once during the entire study program. In case of MS/ MPhil program, the same rule applies on courses qualified with ‘D’, ‘C’ and ‘B-’ grades as applicable.
- Improved/better grade of a course will substitute/replace the previous/lower grade and eventually increase the CGPA. However, in case of non-improvement of grade, the previous better grade will stand and counted towards CGPA calculation.
7. A student who fails to achieve the required CGPA for award of diploma/degree upon completion of entire prescribed course work of a study program may be allowed to repeat once the course(s) of the previous semesters in which s/he had obtained the low grade (i.e. ‘C’ or ‘D’) in order to achieve the minimum CGPA required for the award of diploma/degree, failing which s/he shall cease to be on the rolls of the University.
8. Student are advised to complete their degree program at earliest as per maximum time duration / Semesters admitted w.e.f. Spring 2018 semester, for detail visit http://http://www.vu.edu.pkhttp://www.vu.edu.pk/pages/DegreeCompletionDuration.aspx ;
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and completely understood the above rules and guidelines including course selection, scholarship and Semester Freeze rules etc. I understand that I shall be responsible for the consequence of violation of said rules and thus promise to abide by the rules framed by the University time to time.
Note: Students having issues or seeking guidance regarding course selection may e-mail or contact to:
|Course Selection Issues||Phone Extension||Mobile Extension|
|042-111880880 (Ext.)||0304-1110880 (Ext.)|
|All Programs except MSCSfirstname.lastname@example.org||443||4430|
|MS in Computer Science Programemail@example.com||8622, 8664||8622|
|For Fee and LMS Unblocking||Phone Extension||Mobile Extension|
|Associate Degree, BS / BA firstname.lastname@example.org||433||4330|
|MS/ MPhil Programemail@example.com||335||3350|
|Academic related matters||Phone Extension|
|Department of Computer Science/ITfirstname.lastname@example.org||8611, 8411|
|Department of Management Sciencesemail@example.com||8812-4, 8412|
|Department of Public Adminfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department of Accounting & Financeemail@example.com||8814|
|Department of Psychologyfirstname.lastname@example.org||8839|
|Department of Educationemail@example.com||8546, 8512|
|Department of Englishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department of Zoologyemail@example.com||8415|
|Department of Sociologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department of Biologyemail@example.com||8416|
|Department of Mass Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org||8833|
|Department of Commerceemail@example.com||8832|
|Department of Mathematicsfirstname.lastname@example.org||8513|
|Department of Pak Studiesemail@example.com|
|Department of Physicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|THESIS/FINAL PROJECT/ INTERNSHIP|
|MS Molecular Biologyemail@example.com|
|ACF619-FinalProject-Accounting & Financefirstname.lastname@example.org||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|BNK620-Final Project – Bankingemail@example.com||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|BNKI620-Internship Report – Bankingfirstname.lastname@example.org||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|FIN620-Final project – Financeemail@example.com||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|FINI620-Internship Report – Financefirstname.lastname@example.org||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|HRM620-Final Project – Human Resource Managementemail@example.com||8822, 8847-9|
|HRMI620-Internship Report – Human Resource Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||8822, 8847-9|
|MGT620-Final Project – Managementemail@example.com||8828, 8859-60|
|MGTI620-Internship Report – Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||8828, 8859-60|
|MIS620-Final Project – MISemail@example.com||88,238,891|
|MISI620-Internship Report – MISfirstname.lastname@example.org||88,238,891|
|MKT620-Final Project – Marketingemail@example.com||8821, 8841,3,4,5|
|MKTI620-Internship Report – Marketingfirstname.lastname@example.org||8821, 8841,3,4,5|
|COM619-Final Project – Commerceemail@example.com||8824|
|COMI619-Internshp Report – Commercefirstname.lastname@example.org||8824|
|MCM619-Final Project – Mass Communicationemail@example.com||8863, 8833|
|MCMI619-Internship Report – Mass Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org||8863, 8833|
|PSY619-Final Project – Psychologyemail@example.com||88,398,886|
|PSYI619-Internship Report – Psychologyfirstname.lastname@example.org||88,398,886|
|PAD619-Final Project – Public Administrationemail@example.com||8828, 8859-60|
|PADI619-Internship Report – Public Administrationfirstname.lastname@example.org||8828, 8859-60|
|BS (CS & IT)/MCS/MIT Software Projectsemail@example.com||8618,8623, 8651,8620|
|BNK619-Final Project – Bankingfirstname.lastname@example.org||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|BNKI619-Internship Report – Bankingemail@example.com||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|FIN619-Final project – Financefirstname.lastname@example.org||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|FINI619-Internship Report – Financeemail@example.com||8823-7, 8831, 8851, 8853-7|
|HRM619-Final Project – Human Resource Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||8822, 8847-9|
|HRMI619-Internship Report – Human Resource Managementemail@example.com||8822, 8847-9|
|MGT619-Final Project – Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||8828, 8859-60|
|MGTI619-Internship Report – Managementemail@example.com||8828, 8859-60|
|MIS619-Final Project – MISfirstname.lastname@example.org||88,238,891|
|MISI619-Internship Report – MISemail@example.com||88,238,891|
|MKT619-Final Project – Marketingfirstname.lastname@example.org||8821, 8889, 8841-2,8844-5|
|MKTI619-Internship Report – Marketingemail@example.com||8821, 8889, 8841-2,8844-5|