Data communications are one of the subjects which require a lot of information. Although the VU’s cs601exam might be from the past papers, still you will need to prepare and study hard to pass the exam. Data communication is a vast subject. The questions in the exam can be from any topic. From the basics to the extremely tough topics you will need to study hard to pass the exam. However, if you download these cs601 handouts, you have a great chance to do well in the exams. These handouts are a great guide for those who wish to score well in the VU’s exam for data communication.
Why take help from Handouts
When you listen to the video lectures (which are a total of 45 lectures), you will get a bit understanding of the topics. But if you have handouts with you and then you listen to the video lectures, you will get more understanding of the topics in the lecture. These cs601 handouts have all the topics which you need for the preparation of the exam.
You should take help from the handouts because it is always easy to read. When you read you can practice more. Print these handouts and read them regularly. Taking help from handouts is necessary because there may not be any other way to get the concepts. There is no other way to cover the topics.
The VU has 45 lectures in which it covers various data communication topics. Only these handouts cover those same topics that you see in the video lectures. It is why you should take help from these cs601 handouts.
Following are the topics in these cs601 handouts. These are the topics, and you will also find many subtopics in these handouts. These handouts cover every detail that you need to make sure that you do good in the exams.
- Introduction to Data communication
- Key data communication terminologies
- Data communication tasks and related topics
- Data communication standards
- Network Topologies basics
- Ring Topology – data communication modes
- Metropolitan Area Networks
- The OSI model
- the detailed explanation of Layers in the OSI Model and their functions
- type of Signals – digital – analog
- data Encoding
- Data communication conversions – analog to digital, digital to analog, modulation, etc.
- Frequency shift keying, phase shift keying
- Analog to Analog conversions
- Digital data transmission
- DTE-DCE Interface
- Modem Standards
- Transmission media, Cables, twisted wire, fiber optics, cable Modems, etc.
- Propagation of signals
- Transmission Impairments
- Bit stuffing
- Telephone services and how they work
- Telephone lines, types of t-lines
- Error detection and error correction
- Types of errors in communication
- Methods for error correction, LRC, and CRC
- Hamming code
- Line discipline and how it works
- Data flow control
- Data link protocols
- Explanation of Synchronous and Asynchronous protocols
- Types of Synchronous and Asynchronous protocols
- Bit-oriented protocols
- Local Area networks, Ethernet, LAN comparison with OSI
- Internet and its types
- Token Ring architecture
- Internet and its Protocols, TCP/IP
These are all the topics that you need to study for the exam.