Learning the assembly language is not an easy task, especially if you have to prepare for the VU CS401. It is the course which you will study for computer architecture and assembly language programming. You will find that the subject has both a theoretical and practical approach. The questions in the paper can be of any sort. If you see the past papers, you will realize how the examiners test the abilities o the students. It is why only taking the video lectures is not enough for preparation of this exam. To ensure that you pass with good grades, you should take help from the cs401 handouts. Download these handouts, and you will have a good chance at scoring high grades.
Why take help from Handouts
These cs401 handouts have every topic covered which pertains to the course outline. The design and material of the handouts are such that you will quickly understand the concepts of assembly language programming. The handouts are almost self-explanatory. These cs401 handouts cover all the topics which you will see in the video lectures of this course.
Help for students
Many students who do not understand the video lectures, or do not have time to view the video lectures, again and again, can take help from these handouts. It is a big time saver and has everything in it you need. These cs401 handouts make the preparation for the paper easy. These handouts are a complete guide for the students who wish to understand computer architecture and assembly language programming.
Following are the topics that you will find in these handouts. These are quite elaborate topics.
- Introduction to Assembly language
- Basic computer architecture, registers, instruction groups, history, and creating the first program
- Addressing Modes
- Declaring data, direct addressing, indirect addressing, offset addressing, etc.
- Comparison and conditions
- Conditional and unconditional jumps, relative addressing, examples of sorting
- Bit Manipulations
- Multiplication in assembly language
- Logical operations in assembly language
- Subroutines, the flow of the program, stacks and saving and restoring registers
- Local variables in assembly language
- ASCII Codes, number printing in assembly language
- Strings, string length, string printing, string scrolling and comparison of strings
- Interrupts in assembly language, hooking BIOS and DOS interrupts
- Real-time interrupts
- Hardware interfacing, I/O Ports
- Debug interrupts
- Multitasking concepts, Multitasking Kernel as TR
- BIOS and DOS video services
- Secondary storage – Storage access using DOS and BIOS, device drivers and physical formations
- Serial Port programming in assembly language
- Protected mode programming in assembly language
- 32-bit programming and interrupt handling
- Interfacing with high-level languages such as C
- Calling C language from assembly language and calling assembly language from C Language
These are all the topics that you need to understand the subject and have a good grasp of the assembly language. These handouts are easy to understand. These have easy to read English which will allow you to understand each topic without any difficulty. Make sure that you get these handouts and start preparing the exam. You will see the difference. These handouts are extremely helpful in learning the subject and understanding the assembly language.